How to create an AdWords campaign, find the completely free AdWords guide to understanding the most efficient online advertising system to acquire customers and boost traffic. In this part, you will follow all the steps to create an Adwords campaigns on the Google ads tool.
Understand how Google ads works
Are you a professional or a private individual? seller of product or service on your website or in-store? Google AdWord is an online advertising platform that will allow you to put your products or services ahead when a customer searches for you in Google.
The platform operates on a keyword purchasing system. When you buy a keyword from your business, your ads instantly appear to people who type that keyword into the search engine.
You will only pay when someone clicks on your ad. The price will depend on the auction you want to place. If an advertiser offers a higher bid than yours, they will have a better chance of appearing above your ad. The positioning of your ads will depend mainly on your bid but also on the relevance of your ads and your landing pages.
When you launch your campaign, Google will offer you $70 to start your AdWords campaigns. If you would like to receive the promotional code call 0 805 980 269.
This article will show you all the steps for creating a campaign, your ad groups, your ads and landing page.
1. Register Google Adwords
First of all, you need to register on the platform. Type Google Adwords into Google and click on the first link. Click on “start”.
You must then enter your email address and the URL of your website. Then click on continue.
Click on “create my first campaign”. Now you are in the deep end, you can create your own Adwords account.
2. Configure your campaigns
The creation of your campaigns requires going through 4 steps.
First, select the parameters of your campaign.
– Campaign name: determine a campaign name that matches your product or service. You can change it later. It’s the first draft, you won’t make a mistake. When your campaign is launched you can harmonize your campaigns according to the number of keywords.
– Type of campaign: you can choose to display your ads on the search network (Google Adwords search) or on the Google partner network (google Adwords display). This tutorial will explain how to create a campaign on Google AdWords search. select “search network only” and “all functionalities” to access all possible options.
Campaign type remarks: Google Adwords search represents search results when you type a keyword into the search bar. The AdWords display network represents visual advertisements that you can see while browsing the web. The AdWords shopping network is intended for e-commerce sites that wish to sell products on their online sales platform. The video represents advertisements primarily on youtube.
– Networks: when you want to broadcast advertising ads to a wider target and to reach a new type of customer, the partner network extends the advertising on Google partner sites such as youtube or others. The clicks are rarer but it allows you to extend your advertising on a larger network. This option is suitable for larger budgets.
– Geographic area: add the geographic areas in which you want to display your advertisements.
– Languages: choose your broadcast language to transmit your messages. If you choose the English language you will choose people using Google England or using English speaking sites. In your case choose the French language.
– Bidding strategy: you have several options for placing a bid. It can be manual or automated. In the case of a manual auction, this means that you yourself choose the amount you will allocate to the keyword purchased. In the case of an automated auction, you let google place an auction for you. Depending on your clicks or conversion objectives (call, form validation, purchase) it will award a different bid but will not exceed your daily budget. In your case, click on “Manual CPCP auctions”.
-Daily Budget: refers to the budget you are willing to spend each day. The amount you enter indicates the threshold that Google will not exceed. If you spent your daily budget during the day, the ads will no longer show and will run the next day.
3. Create ad groups
To understand the meaning of ad groups it is necessary to understand the structure of an account:
– Account: it represents a base on which you will store your campaigns. You can count up to 100 campaigns.
– Campaign: It represents a category of products or services in which we place a set of the ad groups. Below is an example:
– Ad group: This is a subcategory containing a set of ads that match specific keywords.
Take the example of a shoe sales site. His account called “Chaussurebrand” will contain campaigns such as “shoe” or “heel shoe”. These campaigns are categories of products.
In the “shoe” campaign, we will find ad groups containing specific keywords such as: “leather shoe”, suede shoe “, fabric shoe”. These keywords will match ads.
In the other “boot” campaign, we will find ad groups containing specific keywords such as “leather heel shoe”, “high heel shoe”. And so on…
Now that you have understood the account, campaign, and ad group mechanism, it is essential not to exceed more than 10-15 keywords. If you manage too many keywords in an ad group it becomes difficult to organize all of these keywords. This is why you must be as specific as possible when creating your ad groups and not exceed more than 15 keywords in your ad groups.
To deepen the organization and creation of keywords, consult the Adwords guide on keywords, types of correspondence, and landing pages.
4. Create AdWords ads
This is the step of creating AdWords ads. Discover tips and techniques to capture the attention of your audience and do not let your future customers pass.
An advertisement is composed:
-A title: the title is separated into two parts of 30 characters each. Your title in total should not exceed 60 characters.
– A URL: you can insert a text in the URL which must not exceed more than 30 characters.
-A description: you must not exceed 80 characters.
-An extension: you can choose an extension. This is a line of text added below your description. It can be a location, keywords, a review from a site, a phone number. It takes up space in the advertising space.
Here are my tips for a successful ad relevant to Google:
– Title: You must first include keywords corresponding to the user’s search, the message must adapt to his
request. His eyes will be on the search term he just typed.
– Description: The ad sends a message to the Internet user directly. Avoid explanatory and generic messages. To do this, including the start of the ad with an action verb (example: Take advantage, Discover, Offer). Incorporate numbers and promotions to make the message exclusive and viral. The internet user should feel like he’s about to make a deal and shouldn’t miss it.
– Announcement: Include capital letters in all-important keywords. A small tip which is recommended by the AdWords community.
– A / B test: create three ads in your ad groups and you will put the one that does not generate clicks to sleep.
Here is an example of a relevant ad for the search term “shoe reduce”:
-The ad is addressed to us directly “discover”.
-The keyword is included in the title and the description
-digit in the title and in the description
-Capercase for important words
5. Create relevant keywords
Create the keywords that you think are relevant to your ad group. You will have to change and modify them after the validation of your payment
Google Adwords benefits from a keyword planner to discover the search volume of a keyword and its potential economic benefits.
To do this, click on next to validate your personal information and access the tools and functions of Google AdWords.
If you want support for your campaigns or training, do not hesitate to contact me.